Newspapers and Magazines
- Which magazines and newspapers do you read? Why?
Actually, I don’t really read magazines or newspapers that often because I don’t have much time. But whenever I am at leisure,I visit VnExpress, an online newspaper, to read about social issues and the latest fashion trends.
- What kinds of article are you most interested in? Why?
I am a real fashion enthusiast who is always trying to keep up with the latest trends in the fashion world. Therefore, articles about fashion or celebrity’s styles are always my top priority. Despite my busy schedule, I usually manage to spend 15 minutes a day roaming some popular online sites such as Elie, Vogue or In-Style.
- Have you ever read a newspaper or magazine in a foreign language?
Actually, I read magazines in English most of the time because nowadays they are easy to access, just by flicking through them on the Internet, which is free and convenient.
- Do you think reading a newspaper or magazine in a foreign language is a good way to learn the language? Why/Why not?
I believe that it is a brilliant idea to develop your reading skills in a new language even though you may have some trouble at first. For example, in English, there is quite a lot of slang and colloquialisms that language learners may struggle to understand at the beginning. However, reading under the guidance and support of a proficient language speaker would turn out to be really effective.
- be at leisure: rảnh rỗi
- fashion enthusiast (noun): người đam mê thời trang
- roam (verb): lang thang, dạo quanh
- flick through something (phrasal verb): đọc lướt qua
- slang and colloquialisms (noun): tiếng lóng và ngôn ngữ giao tiếp thông thường
- proficient (adjective): thành thạo = skilled