- Describe a place in your city or town where you like to go in your free time.
It’s very difficult for me to choose because in Saigon, there are so many places that I love to go in my free time. Saigon is a city of choices. But if I had to choose, I’d say Bui Vien Street – one of the most famous streets for foreigners in Saigon.
- Why do you like to go there?
The atmosphere there is just amazing! There are foreigners everywhere on the street. They drink beers and talk to each other in a very casual way. If you are brave enough, you can participate in their conversation and practice your English. Most of them are really nice and they don’t mind having Vietnamese companyl.
- Is there anything you don’t like about it?
It can get very noisy and chaotic sometimes so I can’t go there when I need somewhere to unwind and ease my mind. And unfortunately pickpocketing happens quite a lot in this area.
- Is it a popular place for people in your city? Why or why not?
Definitely. It’s very centrally located so I guess all local people and tourists know this place very well.
- company (noun): bạn đồng hành
- unwind (verb): thư giãn, thả lỏng
- pickpocket (verb, noun): móc túi, kẻ móc túi